Is your business on-purpose, and aligned with your heart and mind?
Why do you do what you do in your business? Are you failing to achieve your objectives or win business? Is your business at the place and in the condition you want it to be?
When we work for ourselves, it is easy to lose sight of the real reasons why we chose to do what we do in the first place. Sometimes the reality of juggling many tasks, complex diaries, times and products distract us from our true purpose. We get lost in the doing, rather than the being.
This can result in a lack of clarity that impacts our performance, and sends us chasing off-purpose tasks rather than focus on our core business goals.
The on-purpose business quizz:
Rate yourself from 1 to 10 on each of the following statements, with 0 being “Yes, that’s me!” and 10 being “No, I don’t feel like that at all”
- You feel that your business is driving you, instead of you driving your business
- You are attracting the wrong clients, who challenge and frustrate instead of work in harmony with you
- You feel nervous and uncertain about speaking about what you do
- You are not achieving the results you want and need from your business
- You feel unsure and paralysed about what to do next
- You lack the drive and energy to get up and get going
- You are stuck in doing the same routine tasks every day, instead of dealing with the real issues
- You find yourself procrastinating, or putting off tasks you know you should be doing
- You don’t have a clear mental image of what you want for your business
- You are unsure about what to do next
Add up your scores.
- If you scored above 80, then well done! You are relatively on track and are working in an aligned way, meaning your heart and mind is in your business.What will take your scored down to a perfect 0?
- If you scored between 60 and 80, then the amber lights are flashing for you. You may be heading for a downward spiral, losing track of your purpose and vision. Where can you make changes to stop this from continuing?
- Scores below 60 are the danger zone! Your heart, mind and business goals are not aligned. You are not getting what you want out of your business. You are at risk of losing heart. You may be at risk of failing. Get some help to galvanise you back into action pretty quickly!
Whatever your scores, you may be interested in an action-packed workshop I will be running in conjunction with Nikki Faulkner from Mulberry Bush Consulting. The very core aim of this will be getting alignment and setting real and measurable action steps to get you directly on track, super-focussed on your specific vision and goals, and kickstarting a new blueprint for your business.
This highly interactive, jam-packed workshop is full of tips, strategies and actions to help you revisit or set your business strategy and goals by going right back to clarifying your original intention for doing what you do.
By the end of the 2-hour intensive, you will have total clarity about the WHY of your business. You will also have clear goals in place to achieve the new vision your create for your business. Together, we will formulate plans to help you take immediate action to focus your activities.
WHEN: Thursday 30th March 2017 from 9.30 am to 12.00 Noon
WHERE: The 3 Mariners, Bagshot
- Reset the intentions you have for your business
- Get clarity on the issues that are still scuppering you
- Clarify the values that guide your operation
- Reseed the vision you have for your business
- Set action steps to help you set the strategy and goals to galvanise you into action to achieve your vision
Alternatively, call Cathy on 07540 306 808 if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you on this important part of your business!
Back to blog